The Agrupamento de Escolas de Barcelos was born on 4 July 2012, due to the unification of Abel Verzim School and Barcelos Secondaryschool.
It is about an Union of schools with an important dimension, with the implantation in an extended area of Barcelos District, in the two banks of the Cávado river, and it gives an educational response to student people from Barcelos urban area to Póvoa de Varzim and Esposende's district borderline.
The area of influence of the Union is felt deeply in the communities of Barcelos, Arcozelo, Vila Fresquinha, Barqueiros, Cristelo, Faria, Fornelos, Gilmonde, Milhazes, Paradela, Vila Seca and Vilar de Figos but it is extended through traditional strength previous to hara been composed, across all communities of Barcelos, in particular those communities set close to Cávado river.
The Agrupamento de Escolas de Barcelos with students between 3 and 18 years of age. We have 2400 students and 260 teachers. Have Kingarden, primary school and secondary scchool.
Barcelos School Union realized in the last 10 years, different European projects in the field of Comenius, Leonardo da Vinci, Individual Mobility of Student, Comenius Assistent and Continuing Training of Teachers.
Goal of partner in SCHOOLS21C Project
- Support the curricular programs, primarily, of the disciplines of the “Sociocultural” component.
- Organization, planning and promoting changes in the teaching / learning process.
- To provide students with diversified resources and opportunities to practice language and radio techniques, as well as stimulating their imagination.
- Contribute to the diversification of interests and identification of students' vocational skills.
- Grant teachers resources to enable the development of curricular and extracurricular activities.
- Make the school space happier and more participatory.
- Promote school / environment interaction.
- We will be responsible to do the training in Portugal and the multiplier event with the support of CESGA. It counts with qualified personel to do it by themselves (teachers have participated in internationals and world contests about robotics).
- Organize a workshop to disseminate project results.