Address: M. Katkaus street 44, LT-09217, Vilnius, Lithuania
Registration No: 305238040
National Agency for Education (Agency) is educational assistance institution founded by the Ministry of Education, Sport and Science of the Republic of Lithuania. The institution established on September 1, 2019 by merging the former Education Development Centre, National Centre for Special Needs Education and Psychology, Education Supply Centre of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Lithuania, National Examination Centre, Centre of Information Technologies in Education and National Agency for School Evaluation.
The mission of Agency is to take part in implementation of the State pre-school, pre-primary and general education policies. Induce education institutions (except for higher education institutions) and other education providers to ensure quality of education. Provide informational, counselling, qualification improvement and (self-)education environment building assistance. Conducting education monitoring and education research. Develop the education content, and coordinating its implementation.
- conducting education monitoring, organising national and international education research.
- organising development of the pre-school, pre-primary and general education content and coordinating its implementation.
- developing the educational assistance system while implementing provisions on inclusive education.
- organising and administrating evaluation of learning achievements, Matura examinations and other examinations, evaluation of key competences of individuals and acquired professional competences.
- More about the tasks of the Agency here.
- Vaino Brazdeikis, Vaino.Brazdeikis@nsa.smm.lt (Director of the National Agency for Education, member)
- (Eglė Vaivadienė, Egle.Vaivadiene@nsa.smm.lt (Leader/Coordinator/Research)
- Danuta Szejnicka, Danuta.Szejnicka@nsa.smm.lt (Research /Team Coordinator/Trainer)
- Virginija Navickienė, Virginija.Navickiene@nsa.smm.lt (Research / Coordinator of Piloting / Trainer)
- Dalia Alčauskienė, Dalia.Alcauskiene@nsa.smm.lt (accountant)
Goal of partner in SCHOOLS21C Project
- The validation of teaching strategies, used to achieve high quality teaching, quality materials and higher level of students’ achievements.
- To increase the quality of education and training, combining higher levels of excellence and attractiveness with opportunities for all, including those in disadvantaged situation by using accessible, affordable technologies in school.
- To explore new ways of teaching, learning and assessment in innovative way (identify the big ideas of tomorrow and putting them into practice).
- To develop teachers´ integrated teaching skills, motivating and enabling students to be socially conscious, critical thinkers, decision makers, etc. to possess a high level of literacy (reading, listening, viewing, observing, etc.)
- To implement cutting edge digital skills and audiovisual literacy through a collaboration with experts and through connected learning at participant schools.